Head coach of Prince Kazeem Eletu FC, Gilles Hugon has explained why his team came from behind to play 2-2 with Papa FC of Epe in a friendly match played recently at Agege Stadium, Lagos.
Hugon said the late arrival of their opponents had psychological effect on his players saying that he was not happy how the match was delayed for some hours before the kick off which according to him, affected his overall performance of the team on the field of play.
“Our opponents failed to show up on the time we gave to them and when my players were doing warm-up, some of them thought they may not come again so they were relaxed until they came two hours later. By the time we started the match, my players did not quickly enter the game until second half when we played better and got a draw from the match,” he said.
The French coach said aside the delay of his opponents to the match venue, he is worried that his defence is suspect saying that he needs to work on the defence line before the team travel to Morocco for invitational tournament this month.
Technical Director of Prince Kazeem Eletu FC, Alex Coppolani expressed concern with the goals his team conceded recently at the friendlies but remained optimistic that their invitational tournament in Morocco would be a good outing.
He reminded the players to remain resolute and committed to the club engagement and avoid any form of social vices that can bring distraction to them. He urged them to concentrate and remained focused in their next friendly matches before their invitational tournament in Morocco.
Some of the players who spoke to our correspondent agreed that their match against Papa FC was not good promised that they would live up to expectations in their subsequent matches.
Collins Onakwakpor opened the scoring for visiting team before Prince Kazeem Eletu player, Lucky Chinedum cancelled the deficit.
Although Prince Kazeem Eletu created scoring chances in the first half but failed to utilize it until Ojerinde Toyese scored the second goal for visiting team.
The second half was totally different ball game. Prince Kazeem Eletu began to pile pressure on their opponents until their effort was rewarded in the 78th minutes when Daniel Mbonu scored the equalizer to save the team from embarrassment.

(Sunday Akintoye – Independent Observers)